Highlights Elections 2022
The 2022 City and School Council elections will be held on Monday, October 24. Polling timings are from 10 am to 8 pm.
• Polling location information will be available on the Citys website in September.
• If you are unable to attend on October 24th, consider voting on one of the early voting days on October 7th, 8th, 9th, 14th, or 15th. Advanced voting information will be available on the Citys website in September. Advance voting is also a good option for community members who may be busy celebrating Diwali and Bandi Chur Diwas, which fall on voting day this year.
• Proxy Voting: If you are an eligible Brampton voter who is unable to attend on voting day or at a previous voting date, you may appoint another eligible Brampton voter to vote on your behalf. Every person whose name is entered in the voter list or who is included in the voter list can vote through his proxy. More information about proxy voting will be available soon on the Citys website.
• Home Voting Service: Eligible voters who are staying at home due to illness, injury or disability can apply to vote using the Home Voting Service on October 11, 12 and 13. Limited appointments will be available to those who meet the eligibility requirements. More information about the service and the appointment process will be available soon on the Citys website.
• Bring your ID: Voters must have an ID showing their name and valid Brampton address to vote. See the list of acceptable documents for identification before voting.
• Apply now to become a City Electoral Officer and help with administration and customer service tasks on voting day. More than 2,000 vacancies are available. Preference will be given to Brampton residents 18 years of age and older. This is a great opportunity to gain new skills, get to know City staff and connect with your community.
Third Party Advertising: Potential third party advertisers can apply to advertise on Brampton until October 21st. Information about third-party advertising, eligibility requirements and the registration process is available here.